Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
"We are Still Tornadoes" is an incredible insta-favorite! I am absolutely gushing about how much I loved this book! This epistolary fiction records the exchanges between Scott and Cath, who lived across the street from each other growing up as best friends and who now mail letters to each other while she is at college and he works at his dad's clothing store. The letters are sent in the early 80s, which is why they aren't using email, and why there are so many delightful 80s references and songs.

Scott and Cath go through a lot over the course of the year, and even without the budding romance, I would have loved this book! Their potential romantic relationship and UST (unresolved sexual tension) was just the icing on the cake. Cath is dealing with her parents' relationship and Scott is dealing with death. Both use the letters and unrecorded phone calls (mentioned in the letters) to communicate with the other about the events and piece back together their lives.

I absolutely adored the book and loved their relationship, their adventures and misadventures, and the overall tone of the letters. I laughed out loud so many times I lost count. It's witty and beautiful, and I loved every second of it.

Please note that I received an uncorrected advance proof from the publisher through netgalley in exchange for my honest review.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account