Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This book is such an awesome read! I was glued to the pages! I love time travel and romance and Waterfall did not let me down. I enjoyed the current day teenage 'talk' mixed with the 1300's. I specifically enjoyed learning about some history. This was a wonderful book and it tore at my heart when it ended. I didn't want it to end! I'm glad I have book #2 (Cascade) waiting! Book #3 is Torrent (followed by Bourne & Tributary).

*****SPOILER BELOW*****

Gabi and Lia (sisters) were thrown back in time by a curious accident. But they had been seperated during the travel itself. Gabi is on a quest to find her sister and will stop at nothing. Gabi must play a role of belonging in the 1300's, thankfully her parents' teachings had better prepared her for the unexpected. History and French among other things.

I giggled a few times when Gabi mentioned wanting hair product, a hair dryer or a cell phone to play games. Seriously as an adult, there would be quite a few things I'd miss, if I was thrown back in time. And it made me think a little. And I'm so glad Gabi wasn't a prissy whiny teenager.

Old medicine and their lack of knowledge are always interesting. Just having an inhaler would've meant a longer life for some people. The things we take for granted in our current time could easily have saved a life in a time long ago.

I'm a huge fan the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon and I strongly believe other fans will also enjoy the River of Time series by Lisa Bergren.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account