Review Detail

4.8 3
Young Adult Fiction 221
Left me just as breathless as the first book!
(Updated: January 08, 2013)
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
First let me pick my broken pieces up off the floor, because somehow Julie Cross knows how to leave me crying in a ball on the floor, yet still wanting more.

I happened to pick up Tempest (the first novel in this series) one day while at the library. I was stunned by how incredibly well written it was. I was captivated from the very first page. And when I made it to the last page, I was left brokenhearted on the floor weeping (as mentioned above). I did not think Julie Cross could do that to me again with the second book. *ahem* Boy, was I ever wrong.

When I was lucky enough to get a copy of Vortex to read and review, I was ecstatic. The book pretty much starts off where Tempest left off (don't worry, I won't give any big spoilers). Jackson is training for Tempest and doing his best to get past what happened in the first book. I really enjoy reading from Jackson's POV. I love his character so much and Julie Cross does a phenomenal job of bringing Jackson to life. Take away his abilities and he could easily be someone I actually know. However, I would not consider ordinary, I'm just saying he is a very likable, real character. I enjoyed learning more about Jackson's dad, Agent Meyer and loved the background stuff. I thought Jackson's team that he worked with were all very likable characters, yes even Stewart, and again, Julie Cross does an incredible job of bringing these characters to life.

I can't say a whole lot about the book's plot and characters because I don't want to give too much away. I was not ready to love this book as much as I loved Tempest, but I did. Second book woes? Not here my friends. The only thing I can complain about is the time traveling and all the scientific parts that go along with it, were a bit confusing at times. However, that just means I'll get to pick up and understand better the second time around, right?!

If you loved Tempest, you'll love this book. If you haven't read Tempest yet, do it NOW. Trust me. And let me know when you're done and we will cry on the floor together.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
November 09, 2013
I can't say I had the same kind of emotional reaction to Tempest, but I did enjoy it. I should probably read the seq.uel soonish since the series is almost over(or is already over?)
1 results - showing 1 - 1