Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Vortex by Julie Cross, how do I begin to explain this one? It was good yes. It was better than good. It was just awesome. The stakes are even higher in Vortex and it is a completely engrossing story that will captivate you until the very last page.

This book pretty much made me had all the feelings. I finished and sat there trying to wrap my head around my thoughts and everything that had happened. Vortex was that powerful. I laughed, I cried, I was shocked, and so much more. Vortex is definitely an emotional roller coaster ride.

The plot was so intense. My heart is still breaking over parts of it - I still refuse to believe some things actually happened. I loved the fact that Jackson becomes a secret agent and how that is a large majority of the plot. I am absolutely fascinated by spies and secret agents so I loved that.

I loved learning more about Jackson's abilities in Vortex. It was neat to see more about it and the whole Tempest project. My one complaint would be that at times the whole sciencey explanation behind Jackson's abilities got a wee bit confusing to me.

I continue to love the characters in this series. Kendrick is my new favorite character - I just adored her. Vortex brings a lot of new characters, as well as everyone's favorite characters from Tempest.

Unpredictable and fast paced, Vortex is a book that will keep you reading late into the night. It is a book that when I had to put it down I was already plotting time where I could read some more. I cannot wait to see how Jackson's story ends and see more from Julie Cross, a rising star in YA.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account