Review Detail

Kids Fiction 427
Positive Message
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

I was first introduced to Flavia Z. Drago's books when I read Gustavo the Shy Ghost in 2020. Gustavo was a lovable character and I was instantly hooked into Gustavo and his friends. Vlad the Fabulous Vampire is the third book in the World of Gustavo and is the perfect addition to the previous books.

As a vampire with rosy pink cheeks and a penchant for the color pink and fashion, Vlad feels out of place. He hides his love of pink to fit in with his fellow vampires until a friend shows him that it's okay to be different.

What I Like: This book has a positive message of loving and accepting who you are and embracing what makes you unique. Flavia Z. Drago has a distinct illustration style that incorporates her Mexican heritage and I especially like her use of color in this story. I was excited to see cameos from the other books in the Gustavo series.

Vlad the Fabulous Vampire is a book that will inspire you to love yourself just the way you are. I can't wait to see if we will get another book in the World of Gustavo.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account