Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
VESPER is immediately captivating as we see Emily exhibiting strange behavior on the heels of another Emily's murder. I give kudos to the author for making both "Daytime Emily" and "Nighttime Emily" fascinating and relatable to the reader. I also enjoyed the (somewhat dysfunctional) relationship between Emily and her best friend Meagan. The plot is woven around interviews (Really, more like debriefings) between Emily and a man who is trying to figure out what happened after the fact. The plot is fast-paced and keeps the reader turning the pages.

The only thing I wanted from the book that I didn't get was a clearer picture of what happens at the end. The plot hurtles Emily toward a point where we realize she's been caught and something bad is about to happen, and then everything else happens off page, and we get a very negligible summary that really doesn't explain much of anything. I wish we could've been treated to the pay off of the ending action and plot twists.

However, that was one small note in a book that really maintained my interest all the way through. I recommend it for reading and will pick up the sequel.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account