Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Despite all the praises I had heard for Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan, I found that it was rather lackluster for me. The plot merely dragged along, there was a lot of pages that could have been caught up, and I failed to develop an interest in the storyline and the characters at all.

The characters were the strength of Unspoken. Jared, Ash, Angela, Kami, the whole crew really were all a great bunch. They were what kept me reading and I loved the shenanigans they would get themselves into.

I just love Sarah Rees Brennan's writing. It is so light and she spins such humor with it. This aside, I found much of the plot of Unspoken to be a bit dull. There were definitely the high points, but the parts in between tended to lag. It really wasn't until the last 100 pages when I thought things started to get interesting and was to a point that I really wanted to keep reading to see what would happen next.

One thing I will say for Unspoken is Sarah Rees Brennan knows how to go out with a bang. The ending is so powerful and a bit heartbreaking. The final line really spoke to me and made me really curious to see where things will go in the sequel.

Overall, Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan was not the book I was looking for at the time. It had strengths, but these were equally balanced with weaknesses I found throughout the entirety of the book.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account