Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This book rocks!
Good Points
Ok, I have finally gotten my thoughts together for this book. It took a lot of thinking, too. As you can see I really loved this book, just as I loved the first book. I must say that Mafi truly has an AMAZING gift. When I closed the book after the final page all I could say to myself was, "How am I EVER going to write a review for this book?"

Blurb from Goodreads:
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
it's almost
time for war.
Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.
She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.
Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.
In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart—and Adam's life.

Well now, doesn't the blurb just get ya to jump right in? After reading Destroy Me I have to admit that I had a bit of sympathy for Warner. I really didn't want to. I really wanted to hate him, but my stupid heart broke just a little and allowed him to shimmy his way in there. Grr....that's what I say to you Mafi!

And as soon as I read Destroy Me, I knew my view of this entire series would turn around and I could not wait to get my hands on this book. I knew that it would blow my mind and have me questioning where my loyalties lie.

I will spare you the quotes and pictures, the little videos and ideas that constantly pop into my mind as I think about this book. It's totally turned my brain to much, and flipped my heart upside down. Instead, I'll tell you what I thought of the characters and the plot, of Mafi's writing and of the emotions that were pulled right out of my body.

Juliette, as in Shatter Me, was an amazing character in this book. She's strong, while still being feminine and maybe just a bit unsure. The self loathing she had in book 1 has fallen away to reveal a woman who is starting to understand herself more and more. Yes, she has such a struggle inside her. She loves Adam, but feels a mysterious draw to Warner. He invades her mind, seeping into cracks she thought she had long sealed. And not only does she struggle to understand where these emotions are coming from, but she continues to struggle with trusting others, not to mention herself. Yet, she becomes this stuck of dynamite, this power of change, this woman who is strong and begins to embrace who she is and uses it to her advantage.
Adam, well, he's Adam. Smart, sexy, loving, amazing. And my heart totally and completely breaks for him. I cried when I learned of his power. I cried when I learned what it would do to him and Juliette. His power actually forces him to withdraw into himself and away from Juliette. It killed me to watch this struggle. And, despite how Mafi has swayed my heart, Adam will always be my sweetheart, will always have his hold over my heart. His pain completely shattered me. He became this mushy, lumpy mess who didn't know how to handle himself. It was such a complete change from the strong manly person we met in the first book.
And then there's Warner. What can I say. He's a force to be reckoned with. And what a surprise to find out exactly why he is able to touch Juliette. I didn't expect it at all. But, my oh my, his need to have Juliette is totally overpowering in this book. And, he completely turns Juliette inside out. She doesn't know what to do with herself and her overwhelming feelings for him, or why they even exist She inexplicably drawn to him. And despite my wanting to hate him, I find him sexy and so totally hot I felt like I would burst into flames. He's such a tortured soul, and this made me bend for him.
And Kenji, oh my Kenji. I love him. I love his humor. He makes me want to give him a huge, and sometimes I want to smack the sense into him. But my favorite thing about him is that he's straight forward and no nonsense. He tells things as it is. I can honestly say that he truly became a friend to Juliette. Someone she could lean on and trust. I need to see more Kenji for sure!

Mafi's writing is amazing. She has such a way with work. Her prose are poetic and all encompassing. Her words flow off the page so smoothly. She made my pulse race. My heart actually hurt inside my chest, the ache was so real I found myself pressing my hand against my sternum. She made me want to devour the book and turn the page despite the hurt it might cause. I had no idea where things were going or where they would end up. And the ending, oh boy, it just put things all out there. And there were so many awesome moments in this book there was no way I could list them all here and be satisfied. I would have to paste and copy the whole book!

So, this is definitely 5 stars from me. And it makes me yearn for the next installment. At the same time, I am mad at myself that I jumped right on it and read it so fast, because now I have to wait that much longer to crawl back into this world. I will be very sad when this series comes to an end for sure. Well done, Ms. Mafi, you are a truly a genius of words!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account