Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Meet April--A 14-year-old, bonafide aircraft and flight expert and now a highly-experienced runaway who knows how to work the system as an 'unaccompanied minor.' She is witty, intelligent, quick-thinking, and quite honestly one of my FAVORITE young adult main characters to date. Her matter-of-fact, sometimes sarcastic and often hilarious manner of speaking to those in authority and detailing the crazy details of the recent events of her life makes for a fast-paced page-turner. Her in-flight friends she makes, their names and their characters are simply unforgettable, and the laughable-but-believable way the climax of this story takes place will keep you on the edge of your seat and probably giggling the entire way. The backstory she gives to lead up to how there ended up being a bomb threat on the plane (this is described at the very beginning of the book, so no spoilers here) demonstrates the amount of research and just thorough knowledge Hollis Gillespie put into writing this story. I honestly didn't think I would have this much FUN reading this book. I think it would make an excellent movie, and hopefully it will be someday! Pick this up for a great read.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account