N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Springhair

The first in a captivating trilogy set in the future. The main character, Tally Youngblood is about to turn 16 and cant wait. When people in this city turn 16, they turn supermodel gorgeous and live in a city with petty much no rules, super cool technology, and parties every day and night. Then a new person, Shay, shows up in her life, and they become best friends. The night before their 16th birthday, Shay tells Tally she is running away to the Smoke, so she wont have to turn pretty. Suddenly, Tally is faced with a choice, follow Shay and expose the Smoke to become pretty, or stay ugly forever. She finally gets to the Smoke and finds out that she rather likes the Smoke and destroys her tracker so she cant be found. But since the tracker sends out a signal when it is damaged, the Smoke is destroyed and her friends are taken away. Now Tally must go back to the city and rescue her friends before they are turned pretty. This was a really long book, but it was still really good. It got a bit boring near the middle but it did get better. I really like most books set in the future and this was no exception. If you read this one, I would really recommend the rest of the trilogy, Pretties and Specials. I recommend this book to everyone, especially if you can read 300+ page books.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account