Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I'll start this review by admitting that I'm not a Twihard, but I'm also not a hater. This book is kind of like a can of Pringles. Once you start reading, you can't stop, but when you finish the entire can in one sitting, you kind of wonder what in the world you just did. Bella's narrative is compelling, and Ms. Meyer does an excellent job of making the reader feel like she is experiencing the story personally. Maybe that's the magic of Twilight? The plot is actually fairly slow (the villains don't show up until 3/4 of the way through the book), but we keep reading because we're caught up in what Bella wants. The setting is beautifully described, and the vampire mythology (which is very different from most vampire mythology) is detailed. I actually don't care for Edward much. I find him overbearing and hard to get to know on anything beyond a superficial level, but I did feel Bella's strong attraction to him and kudos to Ms. Meyer for that.

Overall, this is a book that (obviously) will gain a ton of fans. While I'm not one of those who will rave about the series, I'm grateful to Ms. Meyer for reigniting many readers' love of YA. She brought readers into bookstores and created a thirst for more epic stories.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
July 07, 2012
I feel exactly the same way about this book as you do! I did enjoy reading Twlight, however it's not one of my favourites.
1 results - showing 1 - 1