Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by wordplay

Ok, based on the little guide I see on the right, gere goes my summary:
The book is about a young girl named Isabella Swan who moves away from where she lives with her mother, in Phoenix, and goes all the way north into a little town called Forks, Washington state. In the town she moves back in with her father (parents divorced) and immediately starts school. She meets unlikely friends and starts a very dangerous romance with a "boy" named Edward Cullen, a vampire, one of six living on the outskirts of the town. Isabella soon realizes the risk her love poses and soon gets into more trouble she never expects.
Overall, the book was a refreshing change from all the dry collegiate articles I'm forced to analyze. My niece (a freshman in high school) chose "Twilight" to be her next assignment for an English class. I picked it up with the intent to glance through, and quickly found I could not put it down. It was the setting of the story that captivated me and the character of Bella. I was in Washington state a few years ago, in a small town where no one but my older brother knew my name. I day-dreamed about events much like what was in the book, but I never imagined the details of each physical movement. The author makes a great believer of myths out of me, and I haven't appreciated that in a long time.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account