Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I love her books. That raw, in-your-face quality sets her apart from other YA authors. She talks about things they need to know about, not things they want to know about. This is the sequel to Tricks, and human/child sex trafficking is still one of the hardest things I've ever read about. Working with teens every day, I can picture it happening to any one of them and that is devastating. When they leave my library, is someone going to grab one of them and force them into this life and no one will ever see them again? 150,000-300,000 children a day are part of the forced sex trade. That's horrific. This book gives these lost children a voice and creates a sense of hope that it doesn't have to be the end. Not even the insta-love and the constant confusion of love and lust can make me consider this book "weak"--those are weak parts, but the message is strong.

She lists two numbers in the author notes that I feel should be posted anywhere they can. The National Human Trafficking and Smuggling Center at 1-888-373-7888, and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST. Keep and eye out and always keep track of the children you love.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account