Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Oh my gosh, I loved this book. I loved this book. I loved this book. It was absolutely brilliant in every way. I simply couldn't put it down. I read it over 2 days, and when I wasn't reading it I was trying to find a way to pick it up again to sneak in a few more pages.

The plot was so fun. Upon my starting the book, I was thinking the plot might be a bit cliched. The new girl is the outsider, doesn't fit in, etc etc. I was really wrong. There was so much more, and it was completely original. I loved the involvement of mythology, though I do wish Estep had spelled out a bit more her definition of say the Spartans or the Valkyrie, because I've heard so many stories about all of them so they all very in my mind. I loved the magic and action - I can't wait for more of that.

The characters were a lot of fun. Gwen was a super fun character, and she really kept growing as a character throughout the book as well. Grandma Frost was totally awesome, she was probably my favorite character. Professor Metis was also pretty cool - she was pretty serious, but she did little things that would strike me at quite hilarious. I loved Logan, you definitely couldn't not help but to fall for him.

Something super fabulous that I loved about Touch of Frost is that it tied up nicely the big gaping plot questions from this book, then left a few strings unanswered for the next book.

I simply cannot wait to read book 2, Kiss of Frost. I am SUPER happy it is a December release, as that is not such a painfully awful wait, just slightly painful.

Touch of Frost is an absolute must read. Like one of those books where you rush off your couch to the nearest store and read it ASAP. It is in my top books for the year, and has earned a slot on my all-time favorites shelf! I am so excited to come back to Gwen's world in book 2 and see where Estep will take her story.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account