Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I loved SWITCHED and couldn't wait for the second book in this trilogy. Hocking doesn't disappoint. TORN continues the story of the changeling Wendy Everly only this time she finds out the truth about her father. Wendy didn't think it was possible for her birth father to be any less cold than her birthmother Elora. Boy was she wrong! Not only does she find he's cruel but when he tells her why he needs her, this totally throws her world in chaos. Wendy finds herself torn between whether to do what's best for her people or to follow her heart.

I love Wendy. The dialogue exchanges between her and those around her have enough snark to not be annoying. She sounds very much like a teen who just had her world torn apart. I also love Finn. He's her tracker and has his own strong feelings for Wendy. But this love is forbidden. Enter Loki from the kingdom of Vittra, sworn enemies of Trylle. Whenever Wendy and Loki are together, chemistry ignites.

Hocking does a great job showing readers a world based on fairy tales that is very much real. There's enough uniqueness about this trilogy that it makes me want to read more. I love the twist on what is happening to the people of Vittra and why Wendy is very much needed there.

A huge plus of this book is the bonus story which shows all three of the men in Wendy's life through their point's of view. It shows their motives and also own struggles with how they feel about Wendy.

A total must read series. Now it's off to read ASCEND, the last book in the series. I can't wait to see what happens next!
Good Points
1. Second book is even better than first!
2. Brings in another possible love interest that works!
3. Did I mention how much I love Finn?
4. Great pacing, dialogue, and adventure
5. Does a great job of weaving in backstory
6. Enough uniqueness to make this series stand out from others
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account