Review Detail

4.7 7
Young Adult Fiction 498
Hobbitsies Reviews: Perfect combination of romance, mystery, time travel, and angst
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone is such an awesome debut. I was led through all sorts of emotions while reading Time Between Us down and I set it down feeling very satisfied.

I’m not usually a time travel person. It confuses me a little and there’s usually a very sci-fi side to it all and it’s just hard for me to grasp. I like my protagonist and love interest in the same decade. But Time Between Us was a beautiful combination of contemporary romance with a side of time travel and yet still got pretty intense with the time travel stuff towards the end.

And oh boy, I cried while reading Time Between Us. Something about protagonists feeling empty just gets me every time.

I really enjoyed the relationship aspect of Time Between Us. I’m also not usually a romance person – I like my romance on the side of plot, but I thought Time Between Us focused on the romance but had plenty of plot elements to keep me from going ick at the mushy. Not to mention, it was really easy to root for Anna and Bennett. They’re like ultimate star-struck couple torn apart by circumstances beyond their control.

I loved the voice in Time Between Us. I thought Tamara Ireland Stone really nailed the teenage girl and she was sulky at the right moments and loyal and angry and sad and everything just really worked for me. I felt the range of emotions that Anna felt while reading it – Anna could have easily been the girl sitting next to me in English class.

Also, bonus, I love a protagonist with a large dose of wanderlust. I really identified with Anna’s lack of travel and her immense desire to see everything. I even had the same kind of map with pins when I was younger, but I was too depressed by the lack of pins so I just took it down.

Basically, Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone rocks. It’s the perfect combination of romance, mystery, time travel, angst and it has such a great ending. Even if you lean solidy towards contemporary only, or even paranormal only, Time Between Us falls in the middle and I can easily see it appealing to readers of both sides.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account