Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This is a really enjoyable story about family and friends, love and choosing to live the life you want to without regrets. It also shows the connection between people, things and events and how even the most subtle decisions can have a bigger impact than we could ever imagine. It had a little bit of the Time Traveler's Wife feel to it at first and it took me a few chapters to get into, but once I did, I couldn't put it down. (This would make a GREAT movie!)

Anna and Bennett might as well be from two different worlds when they meet in 1995. She's loyal and kind but stuck in the routine of life and while she dreams about a future of adventures, she doesn't really believe it will happen. Enter Bennett. He's the cute new guy at school with a secret that when revealed, promises to change both of their lives forever. As they begin to fall in love, Anna doesn't focus too much on how their unique relationship affects others but that all changes when tragedy hits. She and Bennett will have tough choices to make, ones that will not only affect their lives, but the lives of everyone around them as well.

Anna is surrounded by a loving family and equally loving friends, like Justin and her "Brit" Emma. Emma loves Anna, always having her best interest at heart even if she does make Anna crazy at times. When she is helping Anna through a tough spot, Emma reminds her "who" she is and it was such a touching moment I not only found myself in tears but also thinking, Emma is the kind of BFF everyone should have!

I liked that the romance between Anna and Bennett wasn't instant, making it all the more believable. Bennett doesn't take his gift lightly and is always weighing the consequences of, "Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should." That makes him completely swoon worthy. *sighs* He and Anna will both have to make choices for their futures and the way the ending plays out was not what I expected at all. In fact, when I finished, I struggled to keep my composure and FAILED. *choked on tears*

Bennett suffers from migraines when he "travels" which I found to be an interesting side effect. Having suffered with migraines for the past several years, I had a "light bulb" moment - maybe that's what was really going on with me...I was a time traveler like Bennett and my vivid dream life is just the places I'd been too! :D (My family just stared at me when I shared my revelation but it would certainly make for a more fascinating life, don'tcha think?)

There was some great music talked about in the book and it took me right back to 1995 when I was a toddler of course. *snort laughs* I'm a sucker for an author's playlist and you can find Anna and Bennett's playlists along with some other cool book stuff at Tamara Ireland Stone's website timebetweenus.com
Good Points
This is a gorgeous cover! *stares*
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account