Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
As I finished “Under the Never Sky” I immediately set to work finding the second book in the series. I absolutely needed to know what happened with Aria and Perry. Last I had read, Aria has ventured home only to be confronted by Consul Hess and his offer of blackmail he had extended to Aria. In exchange for finding the Aether-free zone called the Still Blue, Hess would release Perry’s nephew, Talon, and allow him to go back to his tribe and new Blood Lord uncle. Caring for Perry as deeply as Aria does, she accepts without much hesitation. “Under the Never Sky” leaves off just as Perry and Aria are to be reunited once more (total cliffhanger!).

“Through the Ever Night” opens exactly where the last book left off. Aria and Perry reunite and after a passionate embrace, Perry talks Aria into coming back to his tribe to not only await the frozen passage they must travel to find information on the Still Blue to thaw but also so he may give her the markings of an Audile, the Outsiders with an acute sense of hearing. Aria is not accepted well in the tribe and after much ridicule and a few attempts on her life, she leaves without Perry to find the answers she requires to free his nephew.

Aria takes along Roar, one of her closest friends and Perry’s best friend, who wishes to go to the Horns, another Outsider tribe, and find word on Perry’s sister, Liv, who Roar is in love with. Along the way, Aria and Roar’s friendship really takes root and although I had a sickening feeling that it may venture into more, Rossi kept the relationship strictly platonic, which was much appreciated.

Perry’s loyalty to Aria is tested in her absence and secrets are revealed as to what is happening in Reverie when Aria isn’t there as well as an explanation for some odd behavior from the leader of the Horn tribe, who supposedly knows the location of the Still Blue.

This book focused more on the friendship between Roar and Aria and Perry’s struggles with his new Blood Lord title than on the romance between Aria and Perry as the first book did. It was nice to take a step back from the lovey-dovey and delve a little deeper.

In what I have now come to know as classic Rossi style, the book was phenomenal. It did leave on such a tedious cliffhanger as the first book, but there was a question of what might happen as, I imagine, Aria and Perry venture out to find the Still Blue finally. I cannot wait until the third and, sadly, final book in the trilogy comes out. Mark your calendars my book-aholics: “Into the Still Blue” is set to release in January 2014!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account