Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Our story starts with Celaena being brought before the two guys who will grow to love her. It's easy to tell from the back of the book. The prince gives her the deal of a lifetime - a chance at freedom. She just has to win the competition and serve the king as his champion for four years. The idea, the thought of not having to die in those mines she was sentenced to a year ago, is enough to sway her mind and she agrees.

She's taken to the castle where she will train and pass the tests, hoping to make it to the final duel. But dark and sinister things begin to happen, magical things. In a land where magic is outlawed. When others in the competition start dying, she knows something is wrong. Then when the very first Queen of Adarlan shows herself to our assassin and tells her that she has to save the kingdom, Celaena knows it's something bigger than she thought.

With the help of those close to her, will she be able to save the kingdom? And with two very different and wonderful men after her heart... what is an assassin to do?

This book was so amazing! I think I finally have a second author (no one though can still though Jennifer Armentrout). I always love Sarah's characters, they are strong and different. I also love how she didn't make Celaena some frilly girl who could only think about the boys. She kept her wits and her head on straight. I actually really love this love triangle, what makes it so hard is after reading this book, I don't know which one I like more! Dorian or Chaol? They are both so awesome and worthy of her love.

I have noticed something about Sarah's book though, they start off slowly, guess with all that world building and such. They are so worth it though, amazing. The world building in her books is some of the best I've ever seen. Read this book, I can personally promise that after you finish it, you'll thank me.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account