Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
When I first read the blurb for this book I was so excited for it! I was lucky enough to win an ARC from the Throne of Glass Facebook page (Thank you Throne of Glass Facebook!!!) and within a few days it arrived in the mail. Gosh, I cannot say how much I loved this book even the cover looks amazing. Like really, its that good! Sarah is so creative with her words that it just makes you want to be a part of that world. And c'mon! A glass castle? How awesome is that??? This book is one of the best books I've read this summer. There's action, romance, mystery, and humor all within one book. The action was good enough that it just makes you wish you were as kick-ass like Celaena. The romance was adorable and sweet that it slowly creeps up on you. The mystery was so intense that it keeps you on your toes, wondering who's the bad guy. The humor in this book literally had me laughing out loud at certain parts and with that, I received weird looks from my sisters. I just gave them the *No I'm not crazy look*

Celaena is SO AWESOME! She never backs down from any challenge and that's what I admire about her. I like how she's a tough chick, but yet we also get to see the girly side of her. Oh and she loves to read! =) She's very sassy, kick-ass, arrogant, adventurous, and confident, and has the right to be because she really is that good at everything. Dorian, the prince, I thought he was an interesting character but I feel like he's not stepping up to the plate. His character is the funny and flirty type but also immature. He chose Celaena as his champion only because he knows his father doesn't like her. To me it seems like he never really speak up for himself and defends for what he wants. I hope that in the next coming book, we will get a chance to see Dorian change and take control of his life. Now Chaol, Ahhh! I just love him! This guy is honest, loyal, and reserved but can be romantically awkward at times.*which is so adorable!!!* I feel like his relationship with Celaena is more of an understanding, slow attraction. Where as Celaena and Dorian was more of lust, you look handsome and I just want to kiss you. It can pretty much go either way, but I'm rooting for Chaol!!!

I really really love this book! This is a definitely must read for everyone.This high fantasy book is amazing! One thing I recommend first is reading the 4 e-novellas first. That was one mistake I did, not reading those e-novellas. I was a bit confused at the beginning until I realized a lot of the answers can be found in those. So yes, definitely read those before reading the main book. It will make more sense. =) Can't wait for the next book in the series!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account