N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I liked:
For those who know how the song goes, this sweet little board book might be a nice addition to your nursery or daycare library. The light and airy watercolor illustrations pair well with the shiny gold foil on the front and back cover. The story follows two siblings who help cheer up a neighbor by helping her build a treehouse, all while singing "This Little Light of Mine."

What left me wanting more:
This is a cute concept, but one thing left me puzzled. The friend who needs help building her treehouse has also lost her dog. On the first page, we see her clearly saddened by this while she holds a "lost dog" sign in her hands. I would've rather the neighbor friends helped her find her lost dog rather than help her build a treehouse and simply wait for the dog to magically return home. Or, if the treehouse building was the most important plot factor, then leave out the lost dog all together and focus on building the treehouse. Having the two story lines together felt mismatched.

Final verdict:
Overall, this is a cute board book for teensy ones to look at while parents sing to them, but the story aspect is a bit muddled.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account