Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Now this was a great book! Thank you Netgalley and Harlequin Enterprises Australia for the opportunity to read and review this book!

Jess such a strong character. She has a life pretty much set up for her, but she wants more. She doesn't necessarily think she can have more, but she wants it. She's currently "dating" Jay, who is actually dating her best friend, Anna. So she feels guilty and horrible for being the "other woman". I really wanted her to tell Jay off and her brothers! At first, I didn't care for Jess, honestly. She was going behind her best friends back with Jay. Not cool, Jess. However, the more I read about her, the more I understood her actions. Not that her actions were acceptable by any means, but just that I just understood them.

Enter Sebastien, Anna's older brother. First of all, who doesn't love a boy who can play the cello, am I right? *swoon* I loved how polite he was. He didn't treat Jess like a play thing (like Jay does). He never treated her like property or trash. Even though he is rich and Jess is not. That told me a lot about his character. While his sister Anna is selfish and self destructing, Sebastien has a good head on his shoulders and knows what he wants.

I really loved how Jess could have been totally find without a man in her life. I truly believe she would succeed without one. She has the "go get it" attitude without a man. It just would have been harder without Sebastien because he was the only one who believed in her! She had her brothers, Jay, and everyone else telling her she couldn't get out of the "slums". I really appreciated how she set her mind to something and then went for it.

Overall, a great read! I really enjoyed this book and it's characters. I will definitely be on the lookout for other books by Maggie Gilbert!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account