N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Feedback
This book…. What do I have to say about this book…. I have such a love/hate relationship with it. I love it so much because it was so good and continually had me turning the pages. Each set up was perfect for me to keep going. Each secret revealed had me on the edge of my seat. Each gun shot, explosion, and discovery I felt in my bones. I hate it because I don’t have the next book in front of me. I hate it because I don’t know what is going to happen. I hate it because that ending was way too much for me to handle. I hate it because I am so emotionally attached to this story. After I finished this story of twists and revelations I honestly had to control my emotions because I was everywhere. This is definitely a more personal review because that’s how the book hits me. The way that is written made me so emotionally attached to the outcome of what’s going to happen next. It was so successful that I had to wait nearly 2 weeks to write this review and I’m still not emotionally okay. I have never experienced an ending like I had to this book where I immediately wanted to throw the book and swear and demand the ending. Seriously such a success. The story takes unexpected turns which creates such an engaging pace.

The characters. I just don’t know how to deal. Catarina is just by far one of my favorite characters I have come across in a book. She is strong, smart, and brave. Catarina knows what is right and even though she is tested multiple times, she continues to stand by her morals. It is tough for her because we find out that she doesn’t truly exist. She was created but is actually Jun Bei. So, along with trying to figure out this new virus and how to handle the fact that her “father” wants to genetically alter Wrath out of people, she has to deal with Jun Bei memories coming to the surface. Honestly, if I was Catarina, I would have never made it. I’m disappointed that I didn’t like Cole as much in this book as the first. I have a feeling that has more to do with Anna showing up but still… the dynamic didn’t feel as natural as it did in the first book which threw me off. Leoben is fantastic and I love his character so much. There is so much I want to elaborate on but again, no spoilers plus you probably wouldn’t be able to get me to shut up about it.

Final Thoughts
Overall, This Cruel Design by Emily Suvada is a cruel book. It emotionally messed with me because it was too fantastic and I don’t have the next one immediately in front of me. This book was so successful in creating an addiction to the story and the characters. There is so much that happens in this book that just kept the pages turning. Catarina is my everything and all the events she had been through were intense. I cannot wait until the next book comes out to see how the twists are going to turn out. I cannot in good conscious recommend this book if you’d like to not consume yourself in the obsession of this world. However, if you don’t care about being emotionally wrecked then I can totally recommend this book for you.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account