Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I have enjoyed all of Miranda Kenneally's books thus far but this one, THIS ONE, with THIS BOOK BOY sent me spiraling into the land of "I LOVE THIS AUTHOR AND I WILL READ ANYTHING SHE WRITES!"

What I loved: Matt Brown. OK, I'll come back to him in a minute. Miranda Kenneally is a master at covering the hot button issues with grace, honesty and compassion. She has the ability to make the reader see both sides of a situation and creates characters and stories that are realistic and completely relateable. Regardless of whether or not you agree with the choices being made, you're still able to empathize with what these characters are going through.

Life isn't black and white and a person's faith and beliefs are just that, personal, but there comes a point in life when you have to decide what you believe and why. You have to own it. Or not. Kate struggles with a lifetime of expectations and it isn't until she finds herself reeling with guilt over helping her friend that she truly begins to understand this. While spending the summer at church camp, Kate comes face to face with people and situations that go against everything she's ever been taught is "right". She finds herself challenged in ways she never imagined and she'll have to decide for herself what's most important, rules or relationships which is easier said than done especially when she runs into Matt again.

Fans of Miranda Keanneally's know that she writes AMAZEBALL BOOK BOYS! I mean, I loved Sam Henry in Catching Jordan and Will Whitfield in Stealing Parker but Matt Brown is truly one of the Things I Can't Forget! Matt is the kind of boy you want your daughter to bring home and your son to be. He's smart, funny, artistic, and definitely not riding the ugly train especially with those biceps. *fans face* Matt is also grounded in his beliefs and he helps Kate see that nobody is perfect, he teaches her how to forgive and how to see good in others.

Matt also shows Kate how to love. *swoons* These two could be open and honest with each other about every aspect of their relationship which is not always easy to do and I thoroughly enjoyed watching it grow.

What left me wanting: Not.enough.Matt.Brown. In fact, I could read an ENTIRE book dedicated to Matt and his love for music, literature, green beans and of course, his biceps. *hint hint Miranda* ;)

Final verdict: Things I Can't Forget is a beautifully written story about faith, love and becoming the person you were meant to be. READ.IT!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account