Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Things I Can't Forget is very different from Miranda Kenneally's other books. This one spoke to me more than the other two: it was raw and real. I will admit I was a bit nervous about starting it. Had it not been a Miranda Kenneally book, there is a chance I would have passed. It deals with abortion, a topic I almost always pass on because books that deal with it usually upset me from the way it is portrayed. I don't know why I doubted Miranda Kenneally, because I've decided that when it comes to writing, there is not a thing woman cannot do. Another masterpiece and a new favorite from one of the most talented writers in the world of YA.

This book was just beautiful. Beautifully written and a beautiful story. Everyone has those things in life they can't forget and while for Kate they are more serious than some that others experiences, we all have them just the same. Things I Can't Forget is that journey of learning to accept them and moving on, which was really powerful. Kate is such a real character - she has her insecurities and her faults and that is what made me love her that much more. She is only human. As a character, she grows immensely throughout the book, seen in both her actions and voice.

I also just loved the relationship between Kate and Matt. There is such honesty between the two of them, as well as mutual respect. These kind of relationships aren't prevalent in YA as they should be in my opinion. I love that they can talk and say what they feel and what might cross the line.

Goodness, Miranda Kenneally has done what I thought impossible with Things I Can't Forget: Created a boy even hotter than Sam Henry. His name is Matt and he plays music and guitar and I am swooning like there's no tomorrow for him. Some people love their sports stars, me? give me a boy who plays music and can sing and I am set. I love how interconnected Miranda Kenneally's stories are - characters from both her first two novels make their appearances. The way Miranda Kenneally writes it almost feels like you are checking up on an old friend, while getting to know them better. Parker is a character who you really get to know in Things I Can't Forget and it was great.

I cried over this book. I am not entirely sure why. Things I Can't Forget brought out all the emotions in me and there were just so many touching moments. I loved everything about Things I Can't Forget. There was mainly happy tears throughout the book. Things I Can't Forget has so many moments that are just so memorable. They will stick with you.

The focus on friendship and relationships both was perfectly balanced. Nearly every character in the book is struggling with some sort of relationship and they have to work to bring the issues to light. Kate in particular really learns what it means to be a friend in regards to more than one person. I love books that put such a focus on friendship, because everyone needs their friends. And Kate and Parker get to have awesome girl time and really be there for one another.

This is Miranda Kenneally's best book to date. It's a book I feel will speak to everyone. Emotional and touching, Miranda Kenneally takes readers on an incredible journey in Things I Can't Forget. It's a journey of first love, friendship, and the beliefs that make you who you are. Things I Can't Forget was one of those books that made me smile and just made me have ALL THE FEELINGS.

Basically, Miranda Kenneally please never stop writing. I will be a very sad person if you ever do. You tell the best stories in the most unique of ways. I fall in love with the characters you write and the world they live in.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account