Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Romeo and Juliet take a ride on the Titanic through an episode of Lost in fancy clothes.

What I Liked: I'll be the first to admit that I am not a huge fan of space stories, mainly because they make me feel dumb. You start throwing terms like hyperspace and rifts at me, and my brain shuts down. However, there are a few books that have managed to capture my attention and this was one of them. THESE BROKEN STARS is beautifully written story, told from alternating POVs that are woven together seamlessly.

Society dictates that Lilac and Tarver can never be together but try as they might, it's obvious that they're attracted to each other. When disaster strikes and they find themselves stranded on a seemingly deserted planet with no real hope of rescue, Lilac and Tarver have to learn to put aside their feelings (sort of) and work together in order to survive.

The romance between Lilac and Tarver is the slow burn kind, and even though I thought they should have set aside their differences and gotten to the kissing early, the fact they took their time made it more believable. There are quite a few plot twists and turns and one in particular that almost made me put the book down. And then shortly after left me scratching my head.

What Left Me Wanting More: While I was happy with how this ended, I did have a few misgivings. I'm all for stories of great sacrifice but I had a difficult time trying to wrap my brain around that "one" twist. The ending also felt abrupt and I wanted more. And by more, I mean, Tarver. I'm hoping we'll get a glimpse of these characters in the companion books.

Final Verdict: Entertaining start to a new space odyssey.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account