Review Detail

Embrace Joy and Your inner Child
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

A new woman in town claims to have the ability to change children into birds so they can fly high in the sky. Word of her special talent spreads by rumors from both the children and their parents. While the children are intrigued, the parents warn their kids to stay away from her. They believe no good comes from someone who can turn children into birds while the children let their imagination soar of all the things they can do as a bird.

THE WOMAN WHO TURNED CHILDREN INTO BIRDS is a silly tale that teaches the importance of letting go and feeling free. The illustrations are whimsical and more on the abstract with softer color tones. While this book might not be for everyone because of the oddity of it, my daughter and I enjoyed it with a smile. It's also thought provoking because it got my daughter talking about what she would do if she could fly.

Final Verdict: I would recommend this to children who enjoy stories full of adventure that sparks their imagination. It might also be good for a preschool story time.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account