Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Kestrel is the general's daughter and she gets to live the high life because of the land her father stole during the war. Her people invaded and made slaves of the natives. It's the day that she buys her first and last slave that everything changes. She gets to to know this slave: Arin and finds she actually cares for him, truly cares, but she doesn't know of his plans for her or her people. He wants his freedom at all costs.

There is such a power on words in this novel, lies and truth. I've never quite read anything like it. It's really interesting. I will admit that it was very slow to start for me, it was pretty boring for a while but when it took off, it took off. It was such a ride, watching all these people play with secrets, using them for their own gain.

The romance is perfect, it is slow built and nothing close to insta-love, which I hate so much. It's so sad how hard they try not to fall for each other. I mean he is a slave and she the general's daughter, that just doesn't happen but no one can control love. The world building is top notch and the book is written perfectly, the flow of words seamless.

I do feel badly for Kestrel in the end. I mean that choice... to save your people and maybe get the one you love killed or stay with the man you love while your people die? That's not an easy choice, I mean no would should be a slave, ever but to just let your own people die?

So bottom line, beautiful storytelling, wonderful characters, and a very engaging plot. I can't believe I waited so long to start this series! I've been missing out and so are you if you haven't read this yet.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account