N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I Loved:
I haven't read much magical realism, but I think I'm going to have to change that. THE WEIGHT OF FEATHERS captured my heart and my imagination and left me breathless.

From the very first page, I was drawn into the mystical and sinister world of the Palomas and Corbeaus. These two families of performers have been feuding for as long as anyone can remember, exacerbated by a tragic flood that both blame the other for. Into this hostile environment are born Lace and Cluck. When Cluck saves Lace during a terrifying accident, their lives collide in ways no one in either family could predict.

I adored their slow burning romance so much. With such hatred in their veins, you wouldn't think they could ever mix. But they learn to see the beauty in each other, something their own families never really appreciated. As they piece together the broken parts of their families' pasts, they have to choose between fighting for their relationship or continuing with the fears and superstitions of the past.

The Final Verdict:
Beautifully written, richly imagined, and just plain magical, THE WEIGHT OF FEATHERS is a must-read story.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account