Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
First Impressions: I actually didn’t realize that From Willa, With Love is the 5th installment in Paratore’s Wedding Planner’s Daughter series. Regardless, I had requested it from the publisher for review because I thought the story plot sounded cute.

First 50 Pages: Even though I had not read the previous 4 books in the series, I didn’t have a hard time following the storyline. Of course, I was expected to know some of the characters, but I don’t think that had any huge effect on me.

Willa: The book revolves around her. This character is adorable and lovable, dynamic and completely relatable. She is a really sweet girl who has this tremendous passion for reading and a great love for books. She also has an interest in planning weddings and being involved in her community. What I loved the most about Willa is that I think she will inspire young adults to read. Any book that can inspire a love for reading is a must-have in my opinion. She is a true role model I wouldn’t mind having my children look up to.

Plot: There seems like there is a lot going on in this book, maybe a bit too much for such a short book. There are so many side-plots happening, that I think the author could have spent more time developing each one. This isn’t a bad thing, for what I am saying is, is that I would have enjoyed a longer book. It just felt a bit rushed to me. There is this love triangle that is introduced, but I won’t give away which boy Willa chooses in the end! Both boys are likable, but I liked Willa’s choice. This book is very PG rated. There is romance, but no heavy stuff. Nothing that would make a parent concerned for their younger child to read. It is all very innocent.

Final Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book, even though I am much, much older than the intended audience. It was sweet, a fast and easy read, and I think it can inspire children to read. Young girls could always use another great role model in their lives, and I think Willa makes an exceptional one.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account