Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Jenny, lost her brother in the woods seven years ago, and is has now decided to face her fear and go find him. What she doesn't expect is to get sucked into the woods and discover a world much different then her own...a world with fey. Jenny still decides to go on her quest to find her brother even after she learns he was taken by the queen, and she could endanger her life if she continued on.

I don't know what I was expecting from this book, but it wasn't what I got. I guess it's because the book I had read right before had turned into such a disappointment, but I had low expectations for The Treachery of Beautiful Things and I was pleasantly surprised.
First off, let's all just take a minute to look at the cover. Wow. The front jacket and the back are both absolutely gorgeous, which is the main reason I picked up this book (and because I love stories about fey and fairy tales). But, to continue on with our examination of the book, the writing is BEAUTIFUL at times. And I really loved the characters, especially the baby, and Jack...and Puck...and Jenny(...and everyone).
There were also a few elements of Snow White (along with a few other tales) thrown into the plot, which kind of made my heart pitter patter when they appeared. The plot was actually a bit more complicated then YA plots are. There were a lot of things happening behind the scenes and if you didn't remember something that was mentioned five chapters ago, then you would think it was random. But, everything was set up to have maximum effect, and if the author told you the plant was green, then you might need to know that later. Okay, so not that tedious. But, it was a fun and exciting read and I highly recommend it to anyone who has enjoyed any of the many fairy series out there right now.
I look forward to reading more from this author, and until then I'll have to sate my fairy tale and fey tastes elsewhere. Toodles!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account