Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
The book was told through five different POVs and each storyteller was unique with their own strong voice. I thought the world-building was interesting with a whole society built within the one building and the higher up someone lived, the more elite and wealthy they were. The building was very high-tech but there were still difference in between the people who lived on the lower floor and they tech they had and the ones on the higher floors, especially the thousandth floor, and the extreme tech they used every day.

There were times I liked all the characters and others when I was against them. There wasn’t one where I felt completely on their side for the whole book. I really liked it. No one was one dimensional. The character who ended up being my favourite was Rylin. I felt I could relate to her the most, as the character who lived on the lowest floor out of the main characters. There was something that drew me to each of the characters: Rylin and her determination to take care of her sister; Wat and his awkwardness; Eris and her struggles to keep it together after a huge reveal; Leda and her wanting to return to normal after a stint in rehab; and Avery and her loneliness even surrounded by people.

The vibe I got while reading was similar to books like Gossip Girl and Unrivaled. Addicting, something I didn’t want to put down, the sense that any of the characters could be a victim or a perpetrator. Even when I liked the characters, I felt like I couldn’t trust them. When things started unraveling and each person started to get more desperate, there was a feeling that something bad could happen with each turn of the page. It definitely was not a slow book to read.

Overall, a great start to a series and one I look forward to continuing.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account