Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This is one those stories that I don’t where to being to tell you about. It took me by surprise to say the least. The synopsis just doesn’t do it justice. There is so much more to this story.

Lora is a young girl that has been bounced from orphanage to orphanage, then people believing that she was just crazy. After being given a chance to go to a elite boarding school, she has a little bit of hope. Her hopes were dashed, when she is being called horrible names and treated the same, because the girl see her as nothing but a charity case. Lora is an amazing character, with strength and determination that was enjoyable to follow. She meets two boys, Armand and Jesse, who are are two very different boys from very different backgrounds.
The romance in this was sweet and breathtaking. Yes, there is two boys, and at first I was afraid that there would a love triangle between them and I couldn’t have been more happy that it was anything but. As the story unfolds, it becomes abundantly clear who Lora’s heart belongs to. The love was something everyone should have in their lives. I won’t tell who the true love it, but both of these boys play a part of her past and her future.

The setting was described with great and beautiful detail and the world building that complex and engrossing even though era was during World War I. There was a few times at the beginning that I was a little confused, and where this was going. Once what Lora was was revealed, (of which I will not spoil for you), all the dreams, music and voices that she had been experiencing her entire life began to make sense and how these two amazing boys played in to it all. It was at this point that I became so invested in this that is was hard to put this down. The ending left me sobbing, not wanting the story not to end. But this isn’t really the end, and I will be most definitely waiting for the sequel.

The Sweetest Dark had a uniqueness to it that I found to be one best things about it. It had a sweet romance and wonderful characters. Shana Abé has written and utterly enchanting and magical tale. One that will stick with you and I couldn’t possibly give this enough credit. All I can tell you is that this is a must read.
Good Points
Lora was a character that you just couldn't help but root for.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account