Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I'm going to be honest. I didn't want to like this book. It's about a fifteen year old girl who can see ghosts. The premise is great but starting it I had so many reasons to doubt it. But alas, Kelley Armstrong wrote characters that made me flip page after page. Sometimes it's hard to find main characters that I like. They're either whiney, snobbish, or make stupid decisions. However, I actually liked the main character in The Summoning. She was bold and brazen in all the right places.

The twist of the book wasn't too surprising, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I liked that this wasn't a paranormal romance. The plot takes center stage and is what drives the book. It did leave off at a cliff hanger, so I've already bought the sequel. The only criticism I have is that at some points it was rather difficult to picture the action, but it never held me back from reading it. We didn't get many answers in the book, so hopefully the sequel will start to clear things up. It was a good, fast read that had nice pacing and some worthy characters.

I would recommend this to anyone who likes good story telling, mysteries, and short (as in not tall) female characters :)
Good Points
Face Paced
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account