Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I highly recommend The Star-Touched Queen for fantasy fans and for suckers for magical retellings with their own unique twist. I would have loved to see more development between Maya and Amar, I feel like they would have been thick as thieves given the time and god knows I would love to see a mischievous Amar! Also the world building? Oh I wanted more and more, Chokshi has such a lyrical way of writing, I would compare it to Rutkoski and Ahdieh, it’s beautiful and has the ability to pull you into the story and allow you to experience everything first hand. I never wanted to leave the magical Night Bazaar with its lush wildlife and vivid scenery. I’m eagerly awaiting the companion novel as I can’t wait to revisit the dazzling world Chokski has created.
Good Points
Maya is a fantastic character, although she’s had a pretty secluded upbringing she’s fierce and eager for a life where she isn’t judged on her gender and isn’t made to live in the shadow of her future husband. Amar, oh gosh, talk about swoony princes. Prepare yourself for major feels and fangirling!!

What’s great about this book is that it extends past the marriage; it’s so much more than an arranged marriage and what will happen between Maya and Amar. There are layers of mystery, magic and intrigue, it reminded me a lot of Cruel Beauty with a palace that seems to have a life of it’s own and is slow to reveal it’s secrets.

The romance is slow to burn and highly addictive and if this is your type of thing then you will find yourself flying through the pages, highly anticipating the next interaction with a wildly beating heart. I loved what this romance represented; it was all about becoming equals, a partnership that can last and can never be extinguished, a connection that can be felt across space, time and worlds.

I highly recommend The Star-Touched Queen for fantasy fans and for suckers for magical retellings with their own unique twist. I would have loved to see more development between Maya and Amar, I feel like they would have been thick as thieves given the time. Also the world building? Oh I wanted more and more, Chokshi has such a lyrical way of writing, I would compare it to Marie Rutkoski and Renee Ahdieh, it’s beautiful and has the ability to pull you into the story and allow you to experience everything first hand. I never wanted to leave the magical Night Bazaar with its lush wildlife and vivid scenery. I’m eagerly awaiting the companion novel as I can’t wait to revisit the dazzling world Chokski has created.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account