Review Detail

4.1 27
Young Adult Fiction 490
an amazing story
Oh my goodness, The Selection b Kiera Cass was an amazing book. I know I’m a little late reading it but I’m kind of glad because now I don’t have to wait to read the next book, it’s on my shelf staring me in the face while I write this review.

The story was amazing. I love it so much. America right from the beginning caught m attention with aversion to the letter. She has a feisty, stubborn personality that kind of reminds me of myself. I like the fact that she’s not a typical blonde hair, blue-eyed princess but a red head. That makes it so much better!

Aspen was a jerk to America and I felt sorry for having to deal with that. I mean I see where he was coming from but did he really have to be so mean about it. And then to try to get her back and thinking that sorry was enough, jeez.

Maxon on the other hand was a real gentlemen, genuinely caring about his society and the problems and America. I love how he takes what America says and doesn’t kick her out. I enjoyed the things he said and his thoughtful and generous personality. He’s defiantly what girls look for in a guy.

I enjoyed the laughs I got from this book and all of the smiles. America and Maxon both made me want to laugh out loud but that’s not possible at two in the morning nor is it allowed during advisement, but I love them nonetheless. Her dialogue was beautiful written with the way that teenagers and young adults speak and treat each other. I also think that even though it is a dystopian novel, its not set too far off. I appreciated that she found a creative way to give us the background information of what happened the U.S. and the back story of the characters.

This book is definitely a five. I loved it so much that I stayed up until two in the morning on a school night. I am so glad I bought this and won the elite from epic reads that I want to jump on my bed. I recommend this to the fans of romance, dystopia and lovers of Divergent!

Thank you guys for taking the time to read this review. If you’ve already read it let me know what you thought in the comments section!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account