Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
A good start to a series. I admit I'm one of those people that hate reality TV shows, especially "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette". I abhor those shows and I go out of my way to avoid them. So, when I was attracted to this cover (look how pretty it is) I hesitated when I read the synopsis. It did sound remotely like one of those TV shows but I gave it a chance.

I'm glad that I read it because I ended up really enjoying it. Some people say that it's too much like "The Bachelor". Yes, it does have similarities, but I wouldn't go as far as saying they're the same thing.

America Singer is apposed to the idea of becoming a princess. She is in love with a boy from her neighborhood so she doesn't see the point of trying to fall in love with Prince Maxon. She only ends up going to the "competition" because in doing so, her family will be compensated in money and status. What unfolds between all the competitors and the Prince, I'll let you find out for yourself, but I will tell you that America's reason for staying close to the Prince changes with time.

With all the controversy surrounding this book, it's bound to get very good and very bad ratings. Before joining one camp, read the book and make up your own mind. We live in a free world, not a dystopian one like in "The Selection", so try to think for yourself and give your OWN opinion.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account