Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
The Rules is a complete winner from Stacey Kade! I was absolutely enthralled by the unique premise she has presented readers with.

I really enjoyed Ariane as a main character - I love her quirky habits and tendencies, despite the Rules that exist to run her life. She could let them take over her life, but she still manages to get by well enough.

Stacey Kade takes readers for a ride with The Rules. By the end of the book, Stacey Kade had pulled things that I did not even think were possibly and it was just brilliant. I felt like I had done a 180. The plot was just addicting and my heart hurt so much at certain parts of the book - it was heartbreaking! Also, there is some pure evil going on and Stacey Kade nailed that part of the book.

I do wish Ariane's origins had been explained a bit more - by the end of the book, I felt like I had gotten a lot of the pieces, but more information about her and the whole project surrounding her would be nice. I am hoping that there is more about her origins and some of the history in book 2.

I am so happy to see sci-fi back on the rise in YA. It is such a wonderful genre and all the recent YA scifi has been just fantastic. Stacey Kade has written a compelling cast of characters who drew me in and I cannot wait to see how their story will continue in the next book!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
May 16, 2013
Ariane sounds like a good character
1 results - showing 1 - 1