Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I've read a lot of reviews about this book and I think I may have read a different one. Everyone keeps saying how amazing it is or how it's going to be one of the top young adult books of 2015. Not to me. Now don't get me wrong, this wasn't a bad book, it was fast paced with lots of action and never once was I bored. It was just all so 'been there, done that'. I feel this author may have read a choice few I've I've read a lot of reviews about this book and I think I may have read a different book. Everyone keeps saying how amazing it is or how it's going to be one of the top young adult books of 2015. Not to me. Now don't get me wrong, this wasn't a bad book, it was fast paced with lots of action and never once was I bored. It was just all so 'been there, done that'. I feel this author may have read a choice few adult titles and decided to mash them all into one.

There are things that I enjoyed about this book, like the main girl really wanted to make a difference, she wanted a better world for those like her 'red blooded'. That's what sets the two apart. One has silver blood and Mare and her kind are red blooded like you or me. Though, the silver bloods also have abilities, though Red discovers she is both red and silver but stronger than both. I don't even know. I would have liked to see more world building, how exactly did the silvers get here? Why is Mare special and how can a red even get abilities? There also wasn't enough romance for me. I'm a sucker for romance but this was weird. Three guys seemed to like her but nothing really ever came of that... It was mind boggling.

I guess I will say that this novel was a huge let down for me but it did have redeeming qualities. Like Cal, I really liked his characters. I'd borrow it from a friend, I honestly wish I'd never bought this book.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account