Review Detail

4.0 1
Young Adult Fiction 271
A Queen Will Rise
In the kingdom of Maevana, a king sits on the throne when it should be a queen and it can't remain that way forever.

Brienna is part Maevanan, but grew up in Valenia with no knowledge of who her father is. Her ties to Maevana are more than she can imagine, especially when she starts reliving memories from her ancestor.

After becoming a passion in knowledge, Brienna doesn't get chosen by a patron and her destiny pulls her into a completely different direction. Just when Brienna is feeling hopeless, she finds herself getting accepted into the Jourdain household where old secrets lie in every corner. Brienna's memories may be Jourdain and the born queen's only hope to replacing the throne with her.

THE QUEEN'S RISING was woven with secrets and passion. Brienna has to make the ultimate choice between blood and her heart and I loved the buildup to it. There's also Master Cartier, who is more than he seems, and he drew me in like he did Brienna. I enjoyed the twists and turns this story had and look forward to more from Rebecca Ross. Her writing is like nothing I've ever read and I love it.

Final Verdict: This book was so delicious and entrancing that I recommend it to anyone who likes fantasy, royalty, and fans of Game of Thrones. THE QUEEN'S RISING deserves all five glittery stars.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account