Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Nancy

Book title and author: Paul Zindel and The Pigman

Title of review: Pigman

Number of stars (1 to 5): 3

John and Lorraine, sophomores of Franklin High School, are the outsiders of the cliques. They meet when Lorraine sits with John at the bus stop, and their endless laughing brings them together. John is the class clown of the school! He is known for his fruit rolls and bathroom bombs. When Lorraine is the quiet one and has a strict mother who hates men and boys. 

When one day, Lorraine prank calls an elderly man named Mr. Angelo Pignati. He talks endlessly to Lorraine, and then finally Lorraine tells Mr. Pignati that she has called to ask from money for the L&J fund. Mr. Pignati agrees, and this is where their troubles begin.

As they skip school to go pick up the money, Lorraine backs down but finally agrees to go. When they arrive, Lorraine feels sorry for the man and agrees to go to the zoo. They meet a baboon named BoBo. Soon enough, Mr. Pignati has a nickname, The Pigman, and all goes well until a dreadful accident happens.

As the Pigman comes home, John and Lorraine gets into major trouble. They throw an out-of-hand party that destroys the Pigmans pig collection and his wifes clothing line, they get caught by the police, and John is drunk!

The Pigman returns, what happens, well& I cannot tell you that, instead read the book and find out!

The book, Pigman, was not of my best interest. I enjoyed it at parts and highly recommend to those who love to read a lesson-filled book. But, I am more of the action-filled book. But, I have nothing against Paul Zindels books. But, this book did not hold much of my interest.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account