N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by nici from west virgina

Book Review Outline

Book title and author: The Pigman, Paul Zindel 

Title of review: The Pigman

Number of stars (1 to 5): 4

The Pigman is a book about two teenagers named John and Lorraine, who come across an old man who they nicknamed the Pigman, by prank calling people asking for money for a fake charity. John is the type of person who likes to pull pranks at school, like setting off bombs in the bathroom and apple rolling when there is a substitute. Lorraine is the type of person who is good in school and listens to her mom. They agree to go and meet the Pigman and get the money. They find out he is lonely, and that his wife is in California. They feel guilty about taking his money, but they continue to spend more and more time with him.

They feel guilty about taking his money, but they continue to spend more and more time with him. Lorraine and John continue to build trust along with a friendship from the Pigman.  They go visit him everyday, becoming closer and closer. They find out that the Pigman goes to the zoo everyday, and feeds a baboon that he has named Bobo. The Pigman buys John and Lorraine a lot of gifts, making them feel even guiltier. They accept all of the gifts though, not being able to tell the old man no. 

John and Lorraine are taking advantage of the Pigman. Their parents do not know they are going to see him everyday. John and Lorraine take even more advantage of the Pigman. They have built a lot of trust from him. They are taking advantage of that.

To conclude this review, two teenagers take advantage of a lonely old man, without their parents knowing. They continue to gain trust from him, but can they keep it?

I think this was overall a good book. I do recommend reading it if you like to read. There are interesting points in this book, like John setting off bombs in the boys bathrooms, and pulling pranks on the substitute teachers. There are some parts in the book that arent so exciting, but nothing to put you to sleep. Like sometimes when they go to the Pigmans house, sometimes nothing exciting happens. Most of the time, there is something going on though. I did like this book. I will say it is not the best book Ive read, but it was a good book.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account