N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Maria WV

The Pigman

The Pigman by Paul Zindel

A book review on The Pigman

Three Stars

The Pigman is a book written by Paul Zindel. It is about two sophomores named Lorraine and John. These two teenagers are telling their story about this guy they met, who they nicknamed Pigman because he had a collection of glass pigs. Lorraine and John first talked to this guy while prank calling. He sounded lonely so they went to his house, and they all became friends. Lorraine and John took advantage of the old man. While he was in the hospital after having a heart attack, Lorraine and John decided to have a party at his house. They practically ruined all of his pig collection and his dead wifes clothes. When the Pigman returned he was angry with them and told them not to come back to his house. Lorraine and John felt terrible so they asked the Pigman if he wanted to go to the zoo. The Pigman agreed, even after what Lorraine and John did to him. Once they got to the zoo, the Pigman realized that his friend, BoBo the baboon died, the Pigman dropped dead. Lorraine and John then realized that they intruded on the Pigmans life and really felt bad about it. They had learned to love the Pigman, and missed him more than they could imagine. I enjoyed reading this book. I liked it because it was about teenagers, and it was a very good example on how teenagers think, and how they act. It would be a good book for anyone to read, not just teenagers. I would recommend it to anyone.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account