N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Marissa

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky is one of the most amazing books I have ever written. Charlie, as the main character calls himself, writes letters about his life to an anonymous person. His letters are extremely personal and revealing, so according to Charlie, all the names and actual events have been altered so the person he is writing to will not be able to identify him. Charlie experiences love, lust, drugs, and many other things that most of us have been in situations with (or will possibly in situations with) throughout our lives. Charlie develops a special relationship with a very unlikely person, which alters the way he thinks. He may be some what of a strange person, but continuing to read reveals that he isnt so strange. Charlie begins as a lonely naïve person, but by the end of the book, he has changed in many drastic ways. I strongly recommend reading this book. I do not find an interest in reading but this book pulls you in. The letters get more and more interesting as the book goes on, and Charlie begins to get more involved with other people besides the ones he is so familiar with in books. The book teaches you that there are unlikely people that you can become very close with, and discover things about those people that are completely unexpected. It stresses the saying you cant judge a book by its cover without actually really saying the phrase. Read the book, you wont regret it!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account