N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Alyssa

'The Outsiders' by S.E. Hinton describes the conflict between two social classes, the greasers and the Socs. The narrator, fourteen-year-old Ponyboy Curtis, lives in a world where you've got to be tough; you've got to stand up for yourself and your gang. Throughout the book, Ponyboy learns many important lessons about life and growing up.

What I enjoyed most about this book is that I could closely relate to Ponyboy-- we are close to the same age. Despite this similarity, I could clearly see that we viewed the world through completely different eyes. It was also enjoyable to see what was the same and different in comparison of myself and other characters.

Additionally, S.E. Hinton makes 'The Outsiders' such a great book by actually swaying the reader to sort of befriend the characters. I could really feel the hardships that each character had to go through; I felt their pain and happiness.

The characters are wonderful, too. Sodapop and Darrel (the other Curtis brothers), Two-Bit, Dallas, Johnny, and many more characters contribute to the novel's fascinating plot and story.

Overall, 'The Outsiders' by S.E. Hinton is the best book out there. Trust me. Once you open the front cover, it won't close until you finish the book. I definitely recommend 'The Outsiders' to anyone in search of a book about friendship, belonging, and loyalty.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account