N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by tali

The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton is one of the most amazing books I have ever read! It is about a 14 year old boy named Ponyboy. He is part of a gang. His parents are dead and he lives with his two brothers, Darry, and Soda. He feels like no one understands him. He is different, like anyone would be, than everyone else in his gang. For example, most of the people in his gang get into fights or rob stores for no reason, but he doesn't.

As you have probably guessed, the charachters aren't exactly perfect. Most of them smoke, and are violent, and are thiefs. What I thought was really great about the book was that the author doesn't pass judgement on the charachters. She doesn't just straight out tell the reader that smoking, theft, and violence is bad. In fact, I never got the message from the book that smoking and theft are bad. However, the story is told from Ponyboy's point of view and he doesn't believe in violence from the begining, but throughout the story he learns more and more about this.

I would reccomend this book to anyone from the ages of 12- adult!

Lastly, I just wanted to point out that the author wrote this book when she was in high school. And yes, however supprising it may be, due to the lack of female charachters, S. E. Hinton is a woman.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account