Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
First off, I have SO many favorite quotes this time over, you guys, I just HAD to share some :D

Simon grinned, "You've never heard of Dungeons and Dragons?" "I've heard of dungeons," Jace said. "Also dragons. Although they're mostly extinct." Simon looked disappointed. "You've never killed a dragon?" "He's probably never met a six-foot-tall hot elf-woman in a fur bikini, either," Clary said irritably. "Lay off, Simon."

He squinted at her. "Do you remember back at the hotel when you promised that if we lived, you'd get dressed up in a nurse's and give me a sponge bath?""Actually, I think you misheard", Clary said. "It was Simon who promised you the sponge bath." Jace looked involuntarily over at Simon, who smiled at him widely. "As soon as I'm back on my feet, handsome!" "I knew we should have left you a rat."

"That's why when major badasses greet each other in movies, they donn't say anything, they just nod. The nod means, 'I am a badass, and I recognize that you, too, are a badass.'"

“Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?'
Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
..."At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland."
"Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting.”

Don't." Clary raised a warning hand. "I'm not really in the mood right now."
"That's got to be the first time a girl's ever said that to me," Jace mused.”

Received: From library

Plot: Quite amazing. Fast-paced, thrilling with enough romance and mystery to keep anyone and everyone in its grip. And what an iron-fast grip it is! You are entranced from page 2 and you don’t want to let go for the world. I started reading this the day before my final exams (yes, I know that was the stupidest thing ever) and I just couldn’t stop. I finished my tests fast just so I could keep reading. Lol

Characters: All of the characters in City of Bones are really well-written and easily lovable. Isabelle is such a strong person and I would personally love to meet her and Alec, well it’s awesome Clare gave the gay population some voice! I just wish that Clary (I’m guessing that’s a twist on Clare) was a little less dependent on Jace and the others; hopefully she’ll learn more by the next book – I’d like to see her as a stronger female lead. My favorite character was definitely Simon. You can see why in my favorite quotes lol. I know you’re wondering why I left Jace for last. Well, it’s because I don’t much care for him. (Don’t hit me!) I was really liking him until the end. To be so credulous to blindly throw away all his beliefs just because his "father" turns out to be alive and well shows how undependable he isI find it slightly disappointing and I pity him. Well, I’m sure he’ll have plenty of time to redeem himself in the next few books, but so far, that’s how I feel.

World: Ah, Clare creates such a crazy yet believable world! She’s like Rowling that way (yes, I’m comparing her to Rowling). Both writers have the ability to create amazing worlds that invite you to step right in and make yourself at home.

Romanciness: I loved Jace and Clary until…well, if you’ve read the book you know what I mean and if you haven’t…no spoilers for you! I have no doubt that this *ahem obstacle* will turn out to be not true because that just ruins the chances for these two and I kind of doubt any author would do that in the first book. On the other hand, I do NOT like Simon and Clary. To be honest, I feel like that was just thrown in and there’s really nothing there. Please, Cassandra, don’t turn this into a Twilight-y love triangle! Isn’t one person enough for you? And Please please please tell me Alec and Magnus Bane have a chance!! That’s something I’m rooting for even more than the others. I know there’s probably a huge age difference, but it’s not insurmountable right?

So overall, I’m just beating myself up for not reading this sooner! City of Ashes, where are you???

More About the Series: All you Clare fans probably know more about this than I do, but with some research, I have found that after City of Bones comes City of Ashes, City of Glass and City of Fallen Angels. The 5th book, called 'City of Lost Souls', will be published May 8, 2012 and the last book entitled 'City of Heavenly Fire' comes out Sept 2014. Yeah, you have to gnaw your nails that long, hard-core fans.
But not to worry. There is a spin-off series called The Infernal Devices with Clockwork Angel and Clockwork Prince out already, and Clockwork Princess out Sept 2013.

Recommended for: OMG Everyone!!

Reposted from my blog: http://book-spark.blogspot.com/
Report this review Was this review helpful? 6 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
August 10, 2012
Great quotes. Also Jace. :)
1 results - showing 1 - 1