Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Wow. This was an ABSOLUTELY AMAZING book that just took my breath away. Cassandra Clare combined myth and magic and just plopped it down into the modern world, creating a fabulous setting that kept me hooked.

I found this book at my school's Spring Fair. Me and my best friend Cassidy were looking through the pre-owned book store (we couldn't have spent a single Spring Fair without going without that!). I was just randomly browsing, trying to look for something that wasn't for someone in kindergarten, when, right at the bottom of a box, I saw this book and I pulled it out, because straightaway that cover made me think "Wow, this is going to be a great book." So I read the blurb and, after the first few sentences, I fished out most of my money and bought it straight away. I knew this was going to be a fabulous, one-of-a-kind book.

I loved the idea of the Shadow hunters, the offspring of angel and man, just somehow out here in the modern world, that for weeks after I finished it, I would just sometimes stare long and hard at some random people I crossed on the street, just thinking, what if they were actually Shadow Hunters? And sometimes, at random points in time, I would just whirl around, convinced I had just seen something out of the corner of my eye, when (disappointingly) there was actually nothing there.

I liked how Clary, a seemingly ordinary short girl, was actually a Shadow Hunter linked to a strange and mysterious world, how most of her past and heritage was kept secret from her, that her family actually was Nephilim, not just plain old mundanes like she believed. Even Luke, who she thinks is just some geeky guy owning a bookshop, is actually a werewolf.

I think that Jace was nice, funny and kind of on the wild side, Isabel was just crazy, and Alec was kind of the sensible side of Jace. I think my favourite character should be Jace, but after this book, as I progressed further through the series, I found myself liking Alec more, even though he was gay.

This is a fantastic book and everyone should read it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account