Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Yes! When I finished the last book of the Iron Fey series, I was like "Nooooooo!!!" (if you don't get the image, think about luke from star wars after he realises darth vader is his father). And then this comes out, and I must say, I was a bit apprehensive when I realised that it would be Ethan's voice, not Meghan's.

This is another amazing, amazing novel where Meghan has been the Iron Queen for some time now, and Ethan is all grown up now, a sixteen year old who can see the Fey.

Ethan has grown up, he is no longer the scared little four year old (I actually liked him better when he was four). He is now someone who has changed completely from that person. The book starts when he is starting at a new school, having been expelled from the last one after setting fire to the library (that is just devastating, why couldn't the classrooms have burnt down instead?) even though it wasn't really his fault. The Fey seem hell bent on making his life miserable. At this new school, he meets Kenzie, a very stubborn though pretty girl. After his kind-of-not-really friend Todd gets kidnapped by some Fey that Ethan has never seen before, he gets dragged into lots of trouble. So much for staying away from the Fey.

I actually could not put this book down after I picked this up. It took a lot of cajoling from mum and my brother to get me to join dinner.

Let's talk characters. Yes, Meghan and Puck and Ash do reappear in this book, even though they are only really given like three or four pages in total, which is sad, because I miss that team. Meghan is now a serious Iron Queen, and, as always, it was strange when I saw her from a different perspective after being in her head all these books. Ash is there with her, obviously, and he hasn't aged at all, which answers my question from the last book. Puck is NOT there with them, being allergic to iron and all. We meet Puck later on, and I was kind of sad when we met him, because he doesn't seem as funny and playful and prankster-y as before, telling Ethan off instead of having a laugh. I felt like shaking him and shouting "WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE REAL PUCK?!"

I loved Keirran (son of Meghan and Ash). He was so witty and daring and great. He really reminded me of Puck more than Meghan or Ash, and I just loved Puck in the last books. He doesn't seem like a serious ruler, like Meghan, or a silent Prince, like Ash, more outgoing like Puck. I also really loved Kenzie, who was very stubborn and didn't let anyone push her around. She was a perfect match for Ethan.

Now, onto Ethan. I really wanted to like him, he seemed like an okay guy, inside, but I can't say that I liked him. I didn't ike his bad-boy act, and how he pushed everyone away. And he was so RUDE to everyone. He was rude to Meghan, poor girl, rude to Kenzie, acting like he OWNED her, poor girl, rude to Todd, who was trying to be friendly, rude to Ash, who did what he felt was right. Ugh. And he kept saying "oh, I feel terrible for being such a jerk." Just because you TELL yourself you're jerky doesn't make you any less of a jerk. As I said though, Kenzie was a great match for him.

I must say, I liked Meghan's team better than Ethan, they just worked nicer and appealed to me more.

Anyway, apart from that, you canNOT be disappointed with this new book of Kagawa's! One request Julie, though. More page time for Meghan and Ash and Puck, please!

To sum it up, this was another really amazing book from Kagawa, and I recommend it to anyone who is a fan of the Iron Fey.
Good Points
- Loved Kenzie and Keirran
- Great plot
- Everything else
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account