Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I was in love with Ethan from the start. He is broody, and I connected with his voice. I could understand where he was coming from with his attitude and I liked the glimpses of the person he really is through the shell.
I was also intrigued by Kenzie and her motivations as well as admiring her stubborness and tenacity. I loved the interactions between her and Ethan and they really drive the book for me.
The addition of Kali, a type of martial art was a breath of fresh air. The relationship between Ethan and Guro is well written and I like having a role model like that in my stories. I like how he didn't press issues, but let Ethan know he was there for him, as well as expecting the best from Ethan.
Julie Kagawa twines old familiar characters in and I smiled getting to see what they are up to now. It is neat seeing them from new eyes and seeing how the outside sees their relationships and dynamics.
I wanted to know more but the ending didn't do it for me as far as wrapping up the plot. I liked how the epilogue ended things between Kenzie and Ethan though. I definitely want to know more about their lives and where their stories take them next.
Bottom line: Absolute page turner. A familiar and loved world told through the eyes of a new main character that I fell for instantly.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account